Wednesday, November 10, 2010

In Memory Of Those Lost....

I have something i want to share with you all.....
Today I am making a bag for a dear Lady by the name of Lotte. Lotte is one of the millions who was taken as a young girl to a concentration camp against her will just for being Jewish. She lost ALL of her Family - they were murdered by the German SS. I am honored to have met Lotte and another survivor Leon when I took my daughter Millie to the Jewish museum in Sydney. Lotte has written a book " My Two Lives" which she very kindly signed for Millie, in the book are pictures of her family so I have scanned them, printed them onto fabric and I have sewn them inside the bag. This way she will have them with her all of the time. I am not posting these pictures, as I feel these are a very personal thing for Lotte...I am sure you can all imagine they are all so beautiful, it is heart breaking to know that they lost their right to life....

I have also made Leon a scarf that I hope he will like. I felt i needed to make then both something as they touched my heart...there are many survivors who volunteer on a Sunday at the museum, it truly is a wonderful experience. I just wanted to share this as it is something that is very precious to me and I feel totally blessed to have the honor of meeting survivors of such a incomprehensible crime. They totally inspire me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment